Friday, May 7, 2010

Pump

Here's a photo from the dead of winter at Rockaway. It was so cold this day my fingers nearly fell off even wearing 5 mil gloves. Well things have gotten much warmer since then and now I am just hoping that more swells like this pump through intermittently throughout the end of spring and on through the summer. Especially since I will not be leaving the New York region. Beyond surfing and wishing for waves like this, I am busy whiddling away two papers to cap off the end of this semester. The Disclosure of Politics seminar ended yesterday in fine fashion. Our lovely professor, Maria Pia Lara, was so grateful to all of us for helping her work out her 'disclosive political model' that she took us for wine after class. Seven of us shared three bottles of Gruner Veltliner. It was snappy and minerally with some crisp apple - perfect for a warm spring evening. Kind of like the waves above, minus the apple. Now I am at home watching the 6.0 Lowers Pro and reading The Question Concerning Technology by Martin Heidegger. The wheels are certainly turning. Oh and we're doing another Ceremony on May 31st at Heathers Bar. Riya and I have flyer making date on Sunday! I am extraordinarily excited about playing a few tracks off of Christian Death's Catastrophe Ballet and at least one song from every Joy Division record and single I own - just to show that both Roz Williams and Ian Curtis live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment